Recent Calls
Fri. Jan 1st 2016
Vehicle Accident with Entrapment

Stations 24 and 26 were alerted at 5:12 A.M. January 1st to respond to the area of the Dairy Queen on State Route 88 in Union...

Read more »
Sat. Oct 3rd 2015
Structure Fire

Stations 24, 26, 14 and RIT 11 were alerted to respond to the area of Finleyville-Elrama Road and Pumpkin Center Road for a r...

Read more »
Tue. Aug 19th 2014
Vehicle Fire

22:05  Stations 26,46 and 48 were dispatched to Mingo Church rd in Nottingham for a vehicle on fire with exposure to &nb...

Read more »
News Headlines
Wed. Apr 25th 2012
Squad 26 6th and Final Production Update

The Squad is complete!!!  This week the committee is traveling to Wisconsin for its final inspection.  The truck lo...

Read more »
Mon. Apr 23rd 2012
Squad 26 Update #5

The committee will be heading to Wisconsin this week for final inspection of the Squad!  The truck will be on display at...

Read more »
Mon. Apr 16th 2012
Squad 26 Update #4

The cab upgrades are almost complete, the body is out of the paint booth and getting ready to be mounted.  The committee...

Read more »
About Us

Finleyville Volunteer Fire Department Inc.

Proudly serving Finleyville Borough, Nottingham Township, Union Township, and The Pennsylvania Turnpike's Toll 43

We are located within Washington County in the southwestern corner of Pennsylvania.

       The Finleyville Volunteer Fire Department is strictly a volunteer organization consisting of persons from the local area.  The membership is divided into four categories;  associate, active, life and junior.  The Finleyville Volunteer Fire Department presently operates four vehicles which contain many different types of modern fire fighting and rescue equipment.  Training in the use of this equipment occurs regularly on a weekly basis.  The Finleyville Volunteer Fire Department is basically a community function whose purpose is for the people, which is made up of the people, and funded by the people.  

       The fire fighting facilities of Finleyville began in the horse and buggy days of 1907.  The borough council realized the need for fire protection and purchased twin 35 gallon chemical extinguishers mounted on a two wheel cart along with 50 foot of hose.  The apparatus was stored in a building, erected for this purpose, behind Lawson Plaza and had to be pulled by hand wherever it was needed.  Several men of the town attempted to form a fire department at this time but their efforts proved fruitless.  According to newspaper articles, there was no organization and at times the chemical wagon could not even be found to use at fires.  The editor of the Bulletin Advertiser explained in one of his editorials that "one of the greatest needs in Finleyville at the present time is a properly organized fire company...  Have we not enough civic pride to form an organization?"  Finally in 1917 the first action was taken to organize and lay plans for a fire department.  The citizens of Finleyville met and after a count was made there were 46 members present.  Officers were appointed but again their efforts were in vain.  There continued to be a lack of good organization and leadership.

       There was no further action taken until 1923 at which time a conflagration destroyed buildings owned by the Pittsburgh Coal Company and Ed Shepler.  This devastating fire encouraged the people and on February 5, 1923 the citizens of Finleyville met in Hayden Hall (Known today as the former Boyka apartment building) and organized the Finleyville Volunteer Fire Department.  After a call was made for volunteers, the membership elected officers for a 13 month period.  a constitution and set of by-laws were adopted and accepted by the membership on February 9, 1923.  A committee was appointed by the president to determine the necessity of a charter and the chief appointed each member to respectable positions including engineers, nozzle-men, hose-men, chemical-men, ladder and axe men.  A committee was appointed in April of that year to raise funds in any way that they saw fit.  Work began immediately and various dances, card parties, suppers, minstrel shows, end even a street fair were held.

      In October of 1928 a committee was appointed to secure a charter.  On October 7, 1928 the application was filed in court at Washington, PA. and on December 12, 1928 The Finleyville Volunteer Fire Department was incorporated under a nonprofit charter.  Lots were purchased from the Pittsburgh Coal Company on July 23, 1929 and the deed for the land was secured on September 24.  Work began immediately on the erection of a building which was completed in May of 1930.  The Finleyville Fire Department still occupies this building today. 

Weather

Click for Finleyville, Pennsylvania Forecast

Upcoming Events
Every 2nd Friday
7:00pm - 10:30pm
Every 5th Monday
7:00pm
Every 3rd Monday
7:00pm
Picture Gallery
Apparatus Gallery
2017 Call Volume
 Fire
Jan 
Feb 
Mar 
Apr 
May 
Jun 
Jul 
Aug 
Sep 
Oct 
Nov 
Dec 
Total0

Call Volume History

Newsletter
Stay up to date!
Subscribe to our Newsletter.
Contact Information
Finleyville Volunteer Fire Department Inc.
3562 Washington Ave
Finleyville, PA 15332
Non-Emergency: 724-348-4220
Emergency: 911